651 West Broad St
Athens, GA 30601
Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
Other Great Industries
Distribution - Shipping
4 Year Degree
At least 5 year(s)
Athens manufacturing facility has an immediate opportunity for an Operations Manager. Must have a four year degree and 3-5 years of experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment.
• Develop high performance work teams that monitor their own performance for safety, quality, productivity, continuous process improvement.
• Constantly reinforce training applications and assure all training is completed and effective.
• Lead strategic efforts to improve operational effectiveness, including capacity planning.
• Drive 7S
• Monitor manpower levels as needed and participate with hiring process.
• Assure proper procedures and problem solving techniques are utilized.
• Develop documentation and deal with discipline issues in a timely manner.
• Analyze data and identify trends to drive improvement
• Project planning for new product, project, or continuous improvement activities.
• Models PPI’s vision and values and keeps them at the forefront of all business activities.
• Achieves credibility at all levels through technical competence, drive, follow through behaviors, and solid 360 degree communication skills.
• Works effectively with others individually and in teams in pursuit of organizational goals.
• Plans and supports the development of individual skills to maximize individual and organizational growth and achievement.
Preferred qualifications include:
• Skilled using computer applications, including Lotus Notes, MS Office
• Strong background in manufacturing concepts - Lean, Kaizen, 7S, and Six Sigma, etc.
• Demonstrate coaching and conflict resolution skills, including constructively working with union(s) on issues