Healthcare - Health Services
At least 1 year(s)
21st Century Oncology is a leading developer and operator of radiation therapy centers, medical oncology, and multi-specialty practices throughout the US. Our centers, which are freestanding and hospital based, provide a full spectrum of radiation therapy services and medical oncology treatment to cancer patients, and multi specialty care to patients in the areas of Urology, Gynecology and medical specialties. We are growing and need highly qualified candidates to join our team.
21st Century Oncology is searching for a Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner to support one of our physician teams in Martinsburg, WV. The Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner is responsible for assisting the Physician(s) in treating patients in the Radiation Oncology field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist physician in treating patients
- Obtain history and physical
- Family counseling
- Record pertinent data on patient charts for signature by M.D. Ensure availability and completeness of documentation, reports and imaging documentation.
- Facilitate supervising physician referral of patients to the appropriate health care facilities, agencies, or other resources of the community or other physicians
- Dictate progress notes, history and physical, and discharge summaries
- Administer and or order medication upon request of supervising physician
- Initiate emergency resuscitation and stabilization measures on any patient requiring such
- Perform chart audits
- Provide in-service and daily consultation
- Coordinate in care of patients: testing and preparation of procedures
- Initiate consultation and monitor patients for special tests
- Counsel patients as to preventive care
- Other general duties performed in a general practice s outlined in F.S. Chapter 458.347
- Share on–call responsibilities with a supervising physician on back-up
- Answering physician patient calls
- Maintains attendance according to scheduled days and hours and appropriate dress and appearance standards, according to company policy.
- Attends mandatory company training sessions as required by state/federal law where applicable.
SPECIFIC TASKS FOR RADIATION ONCOLOGY CLINICAL OFFICES:
- Evaluate new patients: take history and perform pertinent physical examination.
- Provide post surgical wound care and follow-up
- Coordinate care of patients: testing and preparation for procedures
- Ensure availability and completeness of documentation, reports and imaging examinations.
- Provide patient education, counseling and instruction.
- Follow-up care
- Dictate progress notes, history and physical, and discharge summaries (not to include determining diagnosis or treatment plan).
- Perform chart audits.
- All other specific tasks delegated by supervising physician in accordance to the physician assistant’s knowledge and experience developed under the supervising physician in the field of radiation oncology (under guidelines of Chapter 458.347)
- Holds a current license and is in good standing
- Maintains certification in accordance with Department of Regulations
- Able to perform health care tasks in radiation oncology delegated by supervising physician efficiently and effectively consistent with patient’s health and welfare
- Able to obtain and sustain clinical hospital privileges
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to travel distances within the surrounding community
- Good diagnostic capabilities
- Maintain privileges at hospitals/institutions as required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an approved program or its equivalent
- Meets the standards set by the Board of Medicine
- Experience in clinical setting preferred
CONFIDENTIAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION:
- Must properly control the release of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in one-on-one and group situations with patients, physicians, employees and other customers of the organization
If interested, please visit the Careers section of http://www.21stcenturyoncology.com/ to review job description and complete an application.
EOE/DFWP/Tobacco Free/Background Checks