Thyssenkrupp Steel USA LLC.
4 Year Degree
0 to 5 year(s)
ThyssenKrupp is a global leader in carbon and stainless steel with a proven track record of innovation, corporate citizenship, social and environmental responsibility, employee safety, and customer satisfaction.
ThyssenKrupp Steel USA
is seeking an early career
economics or marketing new grad
for our Marketing Specialist role at ThyssenKrupp Steel's developing mill operations in Calvert, Alabama.
• Perform daily review of steel industry news media (e.g. Steel Business Briefing) and generate a weekly synopsis for distribution within the Sales & Marketing team
• Perform daily review of global business news media (e.g. Wall Street Journal) and generate a synopsis for further analysis and periodic distribution within the Sales & Marketing team
• Develop the monthly Economic Outlook analytical report summarizing the most significant events of the prior month and provide forecasts for the next quarter
• Monitor steel import/export activity
• Analyze volume & pricing trends in the global steel market by market groups with a particular focus on the NAFTA region
• Using all available information and necessary analysis, develop pricing forecasts in support of monthly sales efforts and long-term budgeting
• Maintain and update market entry studies for each segment within the TKS USA Market Entry Plan
• Perform market characterization studies as specified by senior leadership
• Perform special analytical studies in support of Strategic Partner selection and optimization
• Assist Team Manager in writing special reports & creating senior executive level multimedia presentations
• Assist Directors and Team managers in developing customer specific marketing materials for use by the Sales & Marketing team
Daily Tasks Performed
• Monitor all available trade specific publications and government reports relating to or affecting the steel industry
• Prepare weekly market summary report for use by the Sales & Marketing team and distribution to customers of TKS USA
• Prepare detailed analytical reports which encompass both quantitative and qualitative aspects of the challenge area and offer actionable information for executive-level decision makers
• Research & design strategies related to forecasting of macro & micro economic steel industry specific variables
• Provide general support to econometric modeling, time series analysis and data mining projects
will have or demonstrate:
Minimum Job Relevant Knowledge
• Knowledge of general macroeconomic theory & international economics
• Basic understanding of time series analysis, statistical analysis, & general application of mathematical modeling
Minimum Job Relevant Experience
• 0-5 years in a business analyst or marketing research role
Bachelors degree in a business, economics or technical field of study, or combination of education and related experience
Masters degree in economics is helpful
• Possess strong analytical capabilities
• Strong written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers and steel industry subject matter experts
• Effective at explaining technical concepts to a varied audience in both individual and group settings
• Ability to engage in multiple initiatives, adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities
• Technology independent – strong fluency with Microsoft Office suite. Position requires daily use of Excel (including Pivot Tables) and PowerPoint.
Desired Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge and understanding of global steel industry
• Working knowledge of scripting tools such as VBA as applied to Microsoft Excel macros
• Interest and ability to work at our site operations in Calvert, Alabama
In November of 2007, ThyssenKrupp broke ground on one of the most technologically advanced carbon steel processing facilities in the world to serve high value markets in the Americas. In July of 2010, we began the first of our operations and our Team's journey to become the premier steel producer in the NAFTA market.
Our advanced facilities include a state-of-the-art hot strip mill, cold rolling mill and four coating lines which currently process slabs from ThyssenKrupp CSA's new steel making facility in the Brazilian state of Rio de Janeiro.
When ramped up to full production, we will have an annual capacity of 4.3 million metric tons of American made carbon steel products for customers in the automotive, construction, pipe and tube, service center, and appliance industries.
In Alabama, we have combined two hundred years of metallurgical expertise with the latest in 21st Century technology for demanding customers in the NAFTA market.
Welcome to ThyssenKrupp Steel USA. Welcome to a new standard in steel.
privacy and protection
, when applying to a job online:
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
This job was successfully e-mailed.
An unknown error has occurred. Please try again later.
E-mail this job to a friend... Or yourself!
Error. Please check that the e-mails are valid.
From (your e-mail)
To (recipient's e-mail)
Login to save this job to your account.
Login is currently unavailable while we perform necessary maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later.
You've Successfully Saved:
Sign in Successful!
Your note has been saved successfully.
View My Saved Jobs
Your registration is out of date, you need to update your challenge questions to continue.
Click here to update your questions.
Verify your identity to proceed.
Click here to verify
Email Address or Password is Invalid
New user? Register here
Automatically sign me in next time.
Thanks for your patience - we'll be done shortly.