You have much to offer. And so do we. At University of
Mississippi Health Care, we believe that looking after the best
interests of our community includes looking after the professionals who
dedicate themselves to providing care. We strive to provide our team
members with a competitive benefits package that not only includes
competitive pay and excellent insurance; but also, extends into
education, retirement, discounts and onsite convenience.
Our goal is to provide you a benefits program that eases the
stresses of daily life and frees you to do what you do best — care for
the patients in your charge.
Our benefits currently include:
Health & Life Insurance
- Free group health insurance under base plan and low cost
under select plan for employees working 20+ hours a week. Dependent
coverage is also available.
- Competitive vision, dental and cancer coverage is also available.
Life Insurance Plan in which UMHC coverage equal to 2x annual base
salary, rounded to the highest $1000. Minimum - $30,000 - maximum
$100,000 pays half the premium for coverage of 2x employee salary
- Additional insurance options such as AD&D, Life
Insurance, Hospital Indemnity, Burial, Short-term Disability and
Flexible Benefits Plan (Cafeteria Plan) are available. On-Site
Conveniences. Our onsite benefits are designed to make your life easier
and to help your budget go further
- Our on-site benefits are designed to make your life easier and to help your budget go further.
- Discounts on food service
- Discounts on pharmacy, inpatient and outpatient care, dental and other UMHC services
- Discounts on cellular service
- Employee VIP Program
- Employee Quick Care Clinic
- On site banking with MSFCU credit union and five campus ATMs
- On site post office
- Three gift shops
- Common grocery items (bread, milk, etc.) in cafeteria
- Vacation/personal leave: 12-18 hours accrued per month
- Major Medical Leave: 5-8 hours accrued per month
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Temporary Disability Leave
- Family Medical Leave
- Military Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Paid tuition for two courses per semester at University
of Mississippi Medical Center or any other University of Mississippi
campus (six hours)
- Scholarship opportunities at University of Mississippi/UMHC for children of full-time employees
- Nurse Residency program for RN Nurse Graduates
- Extern program for RN students
- Nursing Service Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Percentage differential pay for evening, night and weekend shifts
- Differential for ACLS, PALS, and NRP
- Differential for Specialty Certification
working 20+ hours per week are eligible for the Public Employees
Retirement Plan, with UMHC contributing 12% of earned compensation
- Additional retirement plan options such as Tax Sheltered Annuities 403(b) and Deferred Compensation Plan (457) also available.
- MPACT/MACS College Savings plans are available to employees through payroll deductions for dependent's college education.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Homebuyer’s Assistance Program
- Dell’s Employee Purchase Program
- US Savings Bonds are available through payroll deduction for 1/2 face value.